My love for wellness travel knows no bounds! Wellness travel gives you the opportunity to go on a vacation that rejuvenates your senses and nurtures you to bring back your mind and body to their optimal state of functioning. If you missed my blog on what exactly wellness travel is, you should check it out to get a better idea of why wellness travel is so fulfilling. In this article, I throw light on 3 wellness activities you should try out when we can travel again.
Paddleboarding is a fantastic way for you to experience the world in a completely new light. One of the newer sports that people are talking about, paddleboarding is not just your regular sport. Irrespective of your fitness level, body shape and weight, you can paddleboard if you want to.
Some of the reasons that paddleboarding is so popular amongst people, especially in the wellness travel industry, are:
- Anyone can do it
- It’s really, really relaxing
- It’s environmentally-friendly
- You get to immerse yourself in nature and cruise around on still waters, at your pace
- It’s great to help you tone your muscles and increase your strength
Here are the top 10 destinations for paddleboarding, within the Americas:
- Turks and Caicos Islands
- Lake Tahoe, California
- Santa Cruz, California
- Sunset Beach, Hawaii
- Costa Rica
- Key West, Florida
- Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- Puerto Rico
Some of the best destinations for paddleboarding, worldwide, are:
- Bali, Indonesia
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Cape Town, South Africa
- Bay of Islands, New Zealand
- Causeway Coast, Northern Ireland
- Lisbon Coast, Portugal
- Namotu Island, Fiji
Trying out some Adventure Sports
Indulging in adventure sports has become a widely-practised wellness travel trend, of late – and it is a trend that is here to stay!
Wellness travel was traditionally synonymous with activities of relaxation, but at Thia’s Travel Services, we view wellness travel as more than just that. We view it as a holistic blend of adrenaline-inducing activities, relaxation, and healthy lifestyle choices.
By engaging in adventure sports, you get to engage your senses and channel your energy into an activity characterized by a racing heartbeat and adrenaline coursing through your veins. This sets the stage for a post-activity relaxation like no other. By participating in adventure sports, you keep your body active without causing it stress.
Wellness travel is generally a great choice for those looking to build back their mental and physical strength, which is why getting into the habit of keeping your body fit through adventure sports can be an exciting and fulfilling experience.
The most popular adventure sports that travellers and wellness-enthusiasts like to engage in are:
- White-Water Rafting
- Scuba Diving
Here are my picks for some of the best destinations for adventure sports:
- Jamaica: From under-sea trekking to horse-back riding, Jamaica has a phenomenal range of unique adventure sports that are sure to liven up your wellness vacation!
- South Africa: A diversity of geographical features, gives you the ability to engage in tons of adventure sports, from rafting to mountain climbing.
- Yosemite National Park: This national park within the USA allows more serious adventure sports enthusiasts to go rock-climbing; post which, relaxation feels utterly blissful.
- Oceania: Although this is a broader region, Oceania is home to adventure sports like sky diving, bungee jumping, scuba diving, snorkelling, and more! A wellness vacation to Oceania, with a focus on adventure sports, is a must for more active travellers.
This ancient Indian art of mental, physical and spiritual wellness has been widely explored in the western world for decades. Now, with wellness travel booming, yoga-enthusiasts and those who have always wanted to try it out for themselves have the opportunity to travel AND reap the benefits of practising yoga, simultaneously.
Learn how to imbibe yoga into your life for improved physical and mental health, and a completely rejuvenated outlook on the world, by booking yourself a wellness vacation at a yoga retreat.
Personally, I believe that to make the most of a yoga retreat, you should learn from yoga masters at the very source, in India. Here are the most popular yoga retreats in India:
- Wildflower Hall, Shimla
- Ananda in the Himalayas, Rishikesh
- Anand Prakash Yoga Ashram, Rishikesh
- Ashiyana, Goa
- Banyan Tree Yoga, Goa
- Little Cove Yoga Retreat, Goa
- Purple Valley Yoga, Goa
- The Beachhouse, Goa
- Yogamagic Eco Retreat, Goa
- Shreyas, Bengaluru
- Soukya, Bangalore
- Carnoustie Ayurveda & Wellness Resort, Kerala
If you can’t make a trip to India, there are other places in the world that host yoga retreats, too! Some of these places are:
- Costa Rica
Experiencing wellness travel can open up your world to a healthier and happier you! It’s time to stop putting your own wellness aside and focusing on strengthening your mental and physical health. Get in touch to book vacations for 2020 (restrictions apply, in some cases) and for 2021, a year that we are all dearly looking forward to!